(meteorobs) Perseid predictions?

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 11:53:38 EDT 2012

In a message dated 7/30/2012 10:56:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kramer at sria.com writes:

I can't seem to find much in the way of predictions for the Perseid  peak.

Could anyone please post or point me at  some?

According to meteorobs own Mikhail Maslov, this  year's Perseid peak will
come
on August 13 at 13:19 UT .  He expects a ZHR of 100.
See: _http://feraj.narod.ru/Radiants/Predictions/Perseids2012eng.html_
(http://feraj.narod.ru/Radiants/Predictions/Perseids2012eng.html)

Another contributor to meteorobs, Jérémie  Vaubaillon, depicts Earth's 2012
passage
through the Perseid swarm here: _http://tinyurl.com/bsh59cv_
(http://tinyurl.com/bsh59cv)

This clearly shows that we will pass through most of the  dusty debris from
109P/Swift-Tuttle between August 12.0 and 12.5 UT.

Finally, in the RASC Observer's Handbook for 2012,  Margaret Campbell-Brown
and Peter Brown indicate this year's peak will be on  August 12 at 12h UT.

So it would seem that Sunday morning, August 12 will be  the best time for
peak activity from the Perseids, although if Mikhail is  correct, Monday
morning, the 13th could also be fruitful as well.

-- joe rao