(meteorobs) Nice fireball over New Mexico July 31 2012

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue Jul 31 19:54:35 EDT 2012

July 31, 2012

Here is a link to a fireball movie with 67.250 MHz CW forward scatter
reception and VLF-ELF. I am not sure if any VLF-ELF emissions can be
discerned amidst the dense sferic background..

This fireball was captured while I was doing transient luminous event/
sprite observations. I embedded an all-sky map into the movie which
indicates this might have been a delta Aquariid or alpha Capricornid
shower member. It is hard to tell shower members from one camera view.

Windows:
http://www.heliotown.com/FBvs20120731_064723UT_Ashcraft.wmv

Mac:
http://www.heliotown.com/FBvs20120731_064723UT_Ashcraft.mp4