(meteorobs) Visual Meteor Database update

Rainer Arlt rarlt at aip.de
Wed Jun 6 10:00:06 EDT 2012

Dear subscribers,

Just to let you know that we are working on getting
the 2011 files of the Visual Meteor Database (VMDB)
complete. The file are always at

   http://www.imo.net/data/visual

but, as you will see, the most recent years are incomplete.
The data are in text and dBase format.

The VMDB offers a more consistent dataset than the
quick-look data you enter with the electronic form,
but as a drawback is always behind in completeness.
The VMDB also contains data not sent in through the
web form though.

Thanks to my wife Stela, Christian Schmiel and Oliver
Wusk and many others who have helped work through the
reports!

Best regards,
Rainer

--
Dr Rainer Arlt - www.rainerarlt.de - +49-331-7499-354  skype: rainerarlt
Leibniz-Institut fuer Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP)

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz, Peter A. Stolz
Stiftung buergerlichen Rechts
Stiftungsverzeichnis Brandenburg: 26 742-00/7026