(meteorobs) Jupiter NOT in Opposition 2013 and 2025, Solar Cycle highs, meteor & Es influence

wa3ygq_1 at juno.com wa3ygq_1 at juno.com
Wed Jun 13 12:00:55 EDT 2012

The relationship between the Sun and the inner planets are such that they go through phases.  The relationship between the Sun and the outer planets including Jupiter are known by visual astronomers as being best observed during Opposition or the instant at which a planet is farther from the Sun than Earth appears opposite the Sun in the sky. The first attachment shows these times of Opposition for Jupiter and Saturn. The next opposition of Jupiter is this year December 03 2012.  At the time Jupiter goes behind the Sun it is NOT in opposition for the entire year.(2013). Next year. 20013 is the year Jupiter and the Sun are the closest. Note that this will happen again 11.87 years later in the year 2025 when Jupiter is NOT in Opposition for the entire year once again. Jupiter at present is in the constellation Aries and the Sun is in Taurus. Both are moving on the plane of the ecliptic (path the Sun & planets travel across the sky) .The next attachment shows that Jupiter was in Aries at the end of 2011 for its last opposition. For Jupiter's next opposition it has moved into Tarus as shown above on December 03 of this year. At present Jupiter being in Aries causing right angle to the radiant propagation direction of the daytime meteor streams the Arietids & Zeta Perseids to go awry as noted in the VHF contest of this past weekend. By December Jupiter will be in the constellation Taurus. Every year the Sun as observed from Earth is in the constellation Taurus in June while it takes Jupiter 11.87 years to enter Taurus as observed from Earth. At the time of the Summer Solstice (June 20th this year) every year the Sun's UV rays in the northern hemisphere are maximum to ehanced and prolonged ionization of meteors (McKinley) for  meteor induced Sporadic E. The next attachment is for June 19 2013 and shows the position of the Sun, Jupiter and the Beta Taurids (5.7 right ascenscion and + 19 degrees declination). Jupiter is just on the left (East on a sky map) limb of the Sun. Both are just above the Beta Taurids that will peak every June 28 The next attachment is for June 20 2013 and here shows Jupiter emerging on the right (West) of the Sun. Remember here that both the Sun and Jupiter are moving. At this time Jupiter must be disturbing the Beta Taurids and will cause dispersion of these highly important meteors for Em, meteor induced Sporadic E, that occurs at the end of June and start of July. Pat, WA5IYX, told me that he experienced the least amount of Es in May to July of 2002 while in my last e-mail we found the AGU study showed no meteors and a plummeting Sporadic E critical frequency in 2001's time of Jupiter's passing the Sun. Pat takes good records so it may be Jupiter's distortion of the meteor streams did not show up till the following summer's crossing of the daytime meteor streams; Arietids, Zeta Perseids & Beta Taurids. If Jupiter does not cause such a distortion and reduction of Sporadic E in the summer of 2013 it certainly will in the summer of 2014. The next attachment is what Mckinley says about Jupiter and its effect on meteors. Lovell wrote a whole chapter on meteor dispersion. The last 2 attachments shows how important Jupiter was to him on the subject. I have not mentioned a thing on Jupiter's gravitational effect on Solar Cycle highs. It seems they occur a year or so before and after the point when Jupiter has NO Opposition or Jupiter's closest approach to the Sun. It will take a few years to find out when cycle 24 solar highs were. We can apply this information on cycle 25 which by coincidence Jupiter has NO Opposition and will be closest to the Sun in the year 2025 as shown in the first attachment. These jpegs should only be used for scientific information. Some have a copywright. They can be quoted. This was not meant to be an article or to be published nor was the last e-mail.  If anyone does not want any more e-mails on the subject let me know at wa3ygq at amsat.org. If you think this is an Earth shattering revelation let me know that too. 73's Bob WA3YGQ
Seabourn Luxury Cruises
Take advantage of exceptional savings. Click here for special offers!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4fd8b97da280a44bdccst05duc