(meteorobs) OT solar wind and meteoroids movement

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 8 11:07:32 EST 2012

I'd say not. By any standards, the particle density from even the most
intense CME would qualify as a hard vacuum in a lab. In fact, I don't
think it is even possible to produce a vacuum in a lab (except possibly
at atomic scales) that approaches the low density of interplanetary space.

The solar wind certainly affects the orbit of smaller particles over a
longer time period, but a single event isn't going to significantly
affect particles large enough to produce visible meteors in the atmosphere.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com