(meteorobs) OT solar wind and meteoroids movement

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 8 12:01:21 EST 2012

A particle large enough to produce a meteor isn't going to pick up
anything but a weak surface charge. I don't see how that is going to
have much of a short term affect on its velocity, given the very weak
electrical and magnetic fields found in interplanetary space.

I imagine that most macroscopic particles are already carrying a surface
charge, anyway.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory