(meteorobs) Strange fireball photograph from 1994

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Sun Mar 11 06:20:46 EDT 2012

Op 10-3-2012 23:29, LEO STACHOWICZ schreef:
> Hello all,
>
> Here is an interesting photograph of a fireball I came across earlier. I can't
> remember ever having seen a meteor/fireball photograph like it.
>
> Towards the end of the fireball's path, the path appears to be "stepped". I
> don't think this is a photographic/scanner artifact or aliasing. The only thing
> that I can think of that might have caused this is fragmentation of the
> meteoroid. I'd be interested to hear what other meteorobs subscribers thoughts
> are on this one.

Perhaps due to fragmentation, perhaps due to an excited photographer bumping his
tripod, jumping up and down (ground shaking as a result), or janking the
wire-release in excitement.

While photographing satellites I sometimes got stepped trails because my
neighbour's cat was making love to my tripod: prrr prrrr prrr prrr!.   :-)

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek  -  SatTrackCam Leiden, the Netherlands.

Station (b)log: http://sattrackcam.blogspot.com
Twitter: @Marco_Langbroek
-----