(meteorobs) Sutters Mill Find 17.7g

Jim Wooddell nf114ec at npgcable.com
Tue May 8 10:10:47 EDT 2012

Hi again George!

I think it may be very close, if not a CM2 and the visual inspections
do seem to indicate something close.
I was just wondering if you had better information.  Honestly, I hope it is
not a CM2 and is something much more rare.  I looked at many, maybe most
of the stones and will reserve my opinion until a classification comes out.
I sure hope we hear something soon, the rumors are flying!

I was looking at this to try and compare what I saw,
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/get_original_photo.php?recno=5630755

which is Mighei, a CM2.  However, I saw other 'stuff' as well, so I am
scratching my head over this one, not that I am an expert by any means.  I
just
see what I see and then try to determine what it is.
I had a portable microscope in the field and looked at a few of them.

In any case, beautiful specimens and I think they are going to be very rare
in
and non existent in most collections!  I'll post some In Situ pictures to
the Bulletin
once it comes out!

Cheers!