(meteorobs) Weird - Radio meteors - yes...

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Nov 15 11:09:33 EST 2012

Morning:

 Well, not sure what to think anymore. I was using 67.24 MHz the Ch.4  and
messed with my filter putting the frequency back up to 83.24 MHz Ch. 6
and
began hearing meteors - of course not like the old days 70'/s hr ect but a
few more than the 67 range.

 I guess early Leonids are the culprits here as I heard 16/hr and 19/hr
last 2 hours, of course miss the 40+ / hr :(

 So, some TV transmitters are still using analogue up here in Canada --
somewere but not the major networks...

 How do I know they are meteors?  they have the underdense sound and a
whooommpppppp..... like I've heard since 1998. and a few long duration
ones near 3-6 seconds then fade like the doppler effcet.

Clear skies