(meteorobs) frequent, strong returns, 2 to 4 every ten minutes

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 18 14:35:01 EST 2012

Here it is just after 1:00 PM local time, 11/18/2012, and my NAVSPASUR Space
RADAR receiver is reporting frequent, strong returns, 2 to 4 every ten
minutes for the past hour. Since the Earth is plunging through Space toward
the Western Horizon at this time, the Meteors are probably passing
perpendicular to the RADAR Beam, West to East of my relative position from
the Transmitter, making for long-duration sweep velocity traces.

Using the App "Stellarium" I determined the direction the Earth is moving at
this time is toward the Constellation LEO.