(meteorobs) Leonids 2012 . . . Same ol' story

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Nov 20 10:52:34 EST 2012

Hi:

                      0700-0800 UT
 Here in Halifax it was clear,cool, no wind and everything was so still,
I saw M44 with the naked eye! I began taking shots of Leo to Canis Minor
hoping for a -4 but in that hour saw only one Leonid by Hydra's head
of -1 and white. That was it...I called it a day then came in and turned the
radio on to 83.24 MHz and heard a few ( remember as there is no more major
analogue stations ) I heard a couple long duration ones that hit 5/5 on my
meter, but nothing near what I use to get. Ahh well....may be the Geminids
will be better..esp, with snow on the ground and a -22C NW wind blowing!

Clear skies