(meteorobs) Next meteor shower and call for observation of comet 209P

Jeremie Vaubaillon vaubaill at imcce.fr
Tue Oct 2 12:25:22 EDT 2012

Dear friends,

It seems that, as already computed by E. Lyytinen and P. Jenniskens,
comet 209P will create a significant meteor shower outburst on the 24th
May 2014.

As this comet is poorly unknown, we call for any observation in the
coming months / year! ;-)

All the details about why we believe this shower will be important are here:

http://www.imcce.fr/langues/en/ephemerides/phenomenes/meteor/DATABASE/209_LINEAR/2014/index.php

IMPORTANT: I'll be away from emails for the coming 2 weeks, starting
tomorrow, but don't hesitate to send us your input regarding this matter ;-)

Jeremie

--
* Jeremie VAUBAILLON
* IMCCE