(meteorobs) Detecting meteors by FM radio

Sam Barricklow k5kj at mac.com
Tue Oct 2 21:18:57 EDT 2012

On Sep 24, 2012, at 10:23 AM, bammgabriana wrote:

Suggest that you check Andy Smith's (G7IZU) page at the following URL:

http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/

A radio enthusiast in Scotland whose Yahoo Channel is TVDXROOLS, has
posted several examples of using FM radio stations for detecting
meteor scatter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAdLu4dKdCI

Avid meteor scatter monitor enthusiasts post their results at the
following URL:

http://217.169.242.217/rmob/pages/liveradiometeorpage.php

A quick visual scan of the page resulted in finding only one person
who is monitoring FM commercial broadcast stations.

A few more links can be found at:

http://www.k5kj.net/meteor.htm#SWBC