(meteorobs) Dark Subtracts with a typical allsky camera

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Oct 6 12:56:15 EDT 2012

Ordinary video cameras just send out a stream of frames. They don't
accept any sort of dynamic control, and you can't select what frames
they will output.

If you're interested in video meteor observing, the simplest setup is a
basic high sensitivity B&W video camera with a fairly wide field lens
(up to full sky coverage), and a piece of capture software intended
specifically for recording meteors (UFOCapture, Metrec, Sentinel).

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com