(meteorobs) Looking for advice choosing fireball cameras (video)

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 6 15:47:51 EDT 2012

Leo:
     I suggest you do a search for the University of Western Ontario Meteor Group.  Look under the ASGARD All-Sky Camera Network for more details.  This is how professionals do it.  Probably much too expensive for amateurs to do. I am an amateur and part of the Sandia All-sky Network. Do a search for the NMSU All-Sky Meteor Network and click on Imagery and it lists the various stations.  I'm under British Columbis - Courtenay node53 where you can see some of my detections. Also have a look at -  www.bcmeteors.net/  - to read about our B.C. Network which started in 1998 with four stations but now has expanded across the Province.  This should give you a good idea of how to do this. Chris Peterson runs an extensive network in the U.S. so provides good advice on this. I see your in contact with him.  Dr. Ian Halliday, NRCC, ran a network called MORP using film cameras.  MORP was the Canadian Network and it recovered the Innisfree Meteorite, the third meteorite recovered with a known orbit.  The first was Pribram recorded by the Czech Network, and the second, by the American Prairie Network which recovered the Lost City meteorite.  If you do a search for these meteorites you will find more information.  Sadly both the Prairie Network and MORP were shut down.

Ed Majden - Amateur Meteor Spectroscopy
www.bcmeteors.net/