(meteorobs) Major Draconid outburst under way

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 16:59:13 EDT 2012

At 03:21 PM 10/8/2012, you wrote:
>not much here at 67.24 mhz... since TV went digital lucky to get a couple
>per hour.  :(
>

>Clear skies

Somewhat elevated here in Detroit on 55.259 MHz but not what I would
call a "shower" let alone a "major shower".  I am showing some slight
aurora though.  There is a geomagnetic storm that started last night,
has been rumbling all day and seems to be intensifying again just
now.  Last night I had the meteor radio on all night and when I
looked at 6AM I had missed a pretty large aurora display by about 30 minutes.

Aurora on the meteor radio looks like clouds above and below the
carrier frequency.  I assume due to the scattering of the signal by
the auroral curtain, which makes the received frequency very unsteady.

Paul

Paul Goelz
pgoelz at comcast.net
Rochester Hills, MI