(meteorobs) Negative 2012 Draconid visual report from north Florida

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:02:15 EDT 2012

I hear you, Pete.  I was hopeful, but not very expectant.  I'm not too far
ahead of you on seeing Draconids either, only seeing a very few of them in
all of some 38 years of observing meteors.  In 1998, while still living in
Sicily, I was able to catch the last remnants of that year's outburst,
seeing four faint ones in about an hour's time. For that, I considered
myself lucky indeed!  Had I been in Sicily this year, I might have caught a
few again... These puppies are tough to catch!  Seems I'm always in the
wrong place at the wrong time for the Draconids...;o).

Clear skies, Paul in north Florida