(meteorobs) Negative 2012 Draconid visual report from north Florida

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Tue Oct 9 15:08:05 EDT 2012

I think we used up our "storm allowance" during the 1966 Leonids. For how long? Who knows??? Hopefully our longitudes will see something in the not too distant future before the demise of our generation of meteor observers.

Come to think of think of it, even the 1966 Leonids were not perfect for North America as the dawn intervened on the Atlantic coast before the maximum :-(

Oh yes, there was the 1985 Alpha Monocerotids, unpredicted, over in a flash (30min), and pretty much unseen.

Clear Skies!

Bob