(meteorobs) Meteor Activity Outlook for October 13-19, 2012

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Oct 13 17:52:19 EDT 2012

If you want to try for lunar impacts, telescope aperture is very
important. You'd like at least 200mm of aperture- an SCT is a very good
instrument for this. Your camera should be any high sensitivity B&W
video camera. Low noise security cameras using Sony HAD EXView sensors
are the best, and most give about the same performance- Supercircuits
PC164CEX2, Watec 902H, etc. You can record to a video device or use a
frame grabber to record directly to hard disk. Post process the video
with LunarScan to detect meteors.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory