(meteorobs) adapt the Legacy Code named "METEOR by RADIO"

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 15 01:01:39 EDT 2012

I have been experimenting with creating a "Sound Recorder" App that will
work with XP to Win7 machines. The problem I faced was that there is no
fresh code that will work on both Windows OS and compile on the same
Compiler. I solved the problem by abandoning the New Visual Studio Compiler
and reverting to Visual Basic 6 which is near 10 years old. The Test
successfully Compiles a Sound Recording/Play-Wav/MP3 App that works on both
XP and Win7. Next is to start integrating the Contributed Code if possible,
all the while, testing its function and utility on young Hardware.

The reason to do this is to adapt the Legacy Code named "METEOR by RADIO"
published by Christian Steyaert at
http://www.amsmeteors.org/ams-programs/radio-observing/

Jay Salsburg