(meteorobs) Scant notable fireballs over New Mexico in 2012 so far

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Mon Oct 15 16:14:36 EDT 2012

October 15, 2012

Just noting casually:

Although the night skies have been relatively clear over New Mexico most
of this past year there have been few fireballs larger than -8 or so. I
am not aware of any fireballs large enough to have dropped meteorites. I
have observed nightly with an all-sky camera and also monitor the New
Mexico Sentinel network.

Nightly/daily radio results indicate a steady infall of small dust
particles but larger "chunks" of space stuff seem to be relatively rare
so far in 2012.

Thomas Ashcraft -  Heliotown - New Mexico