(meteorobs) successfully Compiled the existing "METEOR" Code

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 17 03:27:08 EDT 2012

I successfully Compiled the existing "METEOR" Code into a Windows Console
EXE using FreeBasic. http://www.amsmeteors.org/mallama/mallama11.html

Because my computer does not have the legacy A to D card the program
expects, it does not work correctly but it runs, processing False Triggers.

In addition to this, I created an executable "Audio Recorder" in VB6 that
runs on XP and Win7. Hopefully, I can migrate the "METEOR" Code into the
Audio Recorder to create a new hybrid App that will run on Newer Hardware.

In my last correspondence, I made a mistake. In haste I contributed the
METEOR program to Christian Steyaert. I was mistaken.

The Code is from Anthony Mallama dated 1996 and 1997.