(meteorobs) Advice for capturing daytime visual fireballs?

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Wed Oct 17 12:00:59 EDT 2012

Some years ago I acquired a dark reddish colored plastic dome for my
all-sky camera. I am not sure if it had infrared filtering qualities but
at least it made more contrast in the sunlit sky.  Using continuous
video recording I conducted an all-sky visual search for daylight
fireballs in conjunction with my radio array. When there was a large
radio meteor reflection on my charts I would go my video recording and
check for any sort of meteor flash or streak.  After a few months of
daily observing I never detected any visual daytime meteors so I ended
that experiment.

I may try again for daytime visual meteors.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

For example:  Is it possible to use something like a HOYA #72 red filter
on an all sky lens using a camera such as a Watec 902H2?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Thomas Ashcraft  -  Heliotown  -  New Mexico