(meteorobs) Wayne Hally

Kim Youmans meteorsga at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 18 08:28:19 EDT 2012

I too am deeply saddened to hear of Wayne Hally's untimely passing. I can think
of few if no one who worked as hard to bring meteor observing to the masses here
in the U.S., and Wayne had a profoundly genuine openness and sparkle to his
personality. I had the honor of getting to meet Wayne at the AMS workshop in
Tallahassee in 2000, and recall his charm and immense wit; he was always ready
to provide information and help to me and others who were in the process of
learning to be better meteor observers. This list will not be the same without
him, and as Kim Hay said, he'll be with all of us who knew him at every shower.
Gonna miss you, Wayne! :(

Kim Youmans
East Central Ga
USA