(meteorobs) Wayne Hally

George Gliba gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 18 09:50:42 EDT 2012

Wayne was also a lover of meteorites.  I remember telling him about
getting an Odessa iron
and him telling me that I got a good deal via the meteorobs list (1997).
   I also emailed him
privately about hitting the Moroccan Lottery (an expression meteorite
collectors understand)
when I got a meteorite that looked like an LL3.2 (NWA 5205 & NWA 5421)
for .15 cents a gram,
and he shared my excitement.  I'm sorry I never got to meet him in
person, but in his memory
I informally dedicate the -4 Taurid fireball I saw the night of Friday
October 12/13 at 6:56 UT
early Saturday morning to him.  In my mind I can still see that 44
second train hanging among
the stars.  He was a great guy.

Starry Skies,
GWG