(meteorobs) Wayne T. Hally

Pierre Martin pmartin at teksavvy.com
Fri Oct 19 00:01:31 EDT 2012

Wayne was a good friend, an observer with a contagious enthusiasm.  His passion for sharing knowledge, his contributions to the meteor community, and his outgoing personality will be dearly missed.  I feel both so fortunate having observed with Wayne on three separate occasions, and sad that I won't get the opportunity to do so again.  Wayne was also monumental in my success for observing the 2001 Leonid storm... I needed to get a second opinion about the weather, and thanks to his advice on the telephone, I ended up near the summit of Spruce Knob, WV, with perfectly clear skies overhead (and a thick fog blanket in the valley below just as Wayne predicted).

I will also follow suit and dedicate my next observed meteor shower in his memory.

- Pierre