(meteorobs) Possible Orionid or EGE - Movie with map and radio head echo

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sun Oct 21 12:57:29 EDT 2012

Oct 21, 2012

There were few fireballs in the New Mexico sky during the supposed peak
night of the Orionids. This particular shower was hyped by the US news
media as a big sky event but it probably disappointed the general public
if they made the effort to observe.

I made a movie of the biggest fireball of the night that may have been
an Orionid or possibly an Epsilon Geminid. ( Or maybe even a sporadic.)
By one camera view it is hard to trace it back to its precise radiant.
It was a very fast fireball with a well defined radio head echo. Both
Orionids and Epsilon Geminids are super fast meteors.

( I think my radiant locations on the map are close to where they were
last night but if someone spots an error could you please let me know.
Thank you.)

Windows - .wmv:
http://www.heliotown.com/FBs20121021_102407ut_Ashcraft.wmv

Mac - .mp4: