(meteorobs) At least one meteorite HAS been found

Matson, Robert D. ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Wed Oct 24 15:23:26 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I would say the jury is still out on whether that first specimen
is meteoritic or not. I know Petrus said it wasn't a meteorite after
looking at it through a petrologic microscope, but a second find
was made on Monday by a meteorite hunter in the same town, and
THAT find *is* a meteorite. And that meteorite looks surprisingly
similar to the first rock that presumably hit the roof.

--Rob