(meteorobs) Some Orionid Pictures At New Observatory

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:29:56 EDT 2012

Hello Observers,

I enjoyed reading all of the observation reports on the orionids and
hope everyone had a good time with the shower. I was moving into a new
remote observatory the weekend of the peak and couldn't focus much
attention to the shower, but I was able to catch a few good meteor
photos.

One in particular is a meteor right inside the bow of Orion, it looks
like an arrow ready to fire. I thought this was pretty cool. I posted
some pics of the new observatory and orionid meteors on my blog here:
(arrow photo is last 2 meteor pics on the page).

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/hsc/sro-update-mission-accomplished/

Thanks!

Mike Hankey
Freeland MD