(meteorobs) successfully Compiled the existing "METEOR" Code

Bamm bamm at astronomy.com.ph
Mon Oct 29 12:31:21 EDT 2012

> Thank you for your good rating to the program !

No problem.

> No, the projects are not related. This is just a co-incidence.
> I can not quickly tell which program was first.
> The page:
> http://www.windowsuninstaller.org/winuninstall/how-to-remove-JAnalyzer-1-0-guide-JAnalyzer-1-0-uninstaller-info.html
> tells that the other JAnalyzer 1.0 is from the year 2009.

Personally, I don't think we should include the name Java in the
program unless the program itself has something to do with Java
language. This is just my personal preference. I also dislike when
people put VB in front of the names of programs they wrote in Visual
Basic unless the program is about the VB language. Some people also
add .NET at the end of their programs written in Visual Studio .NET. I
don't really understand this practice. The other "JAnalyzer" has
reason for the J there, because it analyzes Java programs.

> The meteor JAnalyzer has in its help, the year 2004, but this program is
> not even now more than version 0.96 (or in upper right corner reads 0.97 ;)

Wow it's been so long. Maybe it's time to release a 1.0? If it works
properly already, then it's ok to just update the version number but
keeping the code exactly the same.

> The earlier exe program was MAnalyzer, where M is from meteors and after
> making the Java program was changed to JAnalyzer.
> I do not mind if this is called JMAnalyzer, maybe in short "JMA".
> ( For this google finds "Japan Meteorological Agency" , "JMA consulting
> ky", "Jet Modellers Accociation", etc. )

How about "Meteor Analyzer"? So people will know what it does just
from the name.

I'm the project leader of a Linux distribution for astronomy
enthusiasts, called Project Distro Astro (website:
http://www.astromedia.ph/distroastro/)

The aim of Project Distro Astro is to provide a Linux installation
that provides all the needs of astronomy enthusiasts, all preinstalled
upon installing the operating system.

I would like to ask your kind permission if I can include your program
in my distribution? It would be win-win for both of us - it would
bring more users to your program and add a "meteor analyzing" feature
to my system. Project Distro Astro currently already has a meteor
prediction software, so your meteor analyzing software would perfectly
complement it.