(meteorobs) Burst activity

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 31 06:57:47 EDT 2012

Starting just before 5:00 AM CDT (10:00 UTC) there was a burst of activity
of very high speed Meteors with large reflective signatures (not overdense)
in my NAVSPASUR RADAR receiver. Stepping outside, the Meteors were coming
from the West making very fast brief contrails from directly overhead to
almost the Eastern Horizon leaving no afterglow. About 30 minutes later the
activity in the RADAR subsided to frequent small Meteors at 2 to 3 per
minute. My location is Northwestern Louisiana, USA.