(meteorobs) September 3, 2012 Fireball over South-Central USA

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 4 17:35:23 EDT 2012

I heard, but did not record a long and loud report of a meteor from my Space
RADAR Receiver last night near 9:00 PM CDT.

In a related matter, I am spending large amounts of my free time and
resources researching how to completely automate Forward Scatter RADAR
Meteor detection using low cost technology. It is a significant challenge.

Software is a sticking point. It must be reliable and carefree, which, so
far, all candidates are neither.

So far...
A design for a practical Antenna with a one day build time costing less than
$100 useful at a range exceeding 350 miles from the 3 NAVSPASUR Sites.
A possible candidate Tuner costing $20.
A $40 Antenna Amplifier.
Cable and fastening hardware, approx. $100

There are over 50 million people living within Meteor-detection-range of the
3 NAVSPASUR transmitters.