(meteorobs) The best Meteor detector on Earth

Samuel Barricklow k5kj at mac.com
Sun Sep 16 09:09:43 EDT 2012

Jay, I doubt that you will get an affirmative response to your request.  The system is in line for decommissioning at some point in the not too distant future and replacement by a new system that will operate at a much higher frequency.  The new system should be able to detect and track much smaller objects, at much higher resolution.

Enjoy the excellent signal source while it's available!

Analog video carriers on TeeVee channel 2 are still working well for meteor scatter in the Dallas area, but I also monitor the Lake Kickapoo transmitter.

When all of these sources go away, maybe someone could fund several strategically located CW beacons on the 6 meter ham band for meteor scatter propagation purposes.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 16, 2012, at 1:54 AM, Jay Salsburg <jsalsburg at bellsouth.net>