(meteorobs) Weekend Sporadics Meteors Radio Detection

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Mon Apr 8 13:44:51 EDT 2013

Hola Raydel,

Have you tried 40.670 MHz CW for the SNOTEL/SCAN meteor burst
communication network yet?  An old yagi tv antenna will work for these
powerful 100 kW transmitters. Just point north.

I just tuned in and am getting seven meteors per minute at near noon my
local time.

Thomas Ashcraft -  Heliotown -  New Mexico