(meteorobs) Anyone doing infrasound monitoring?

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 9 17:07:54 EDT 2013

Hello Thomas:
    Do a search with "google" for:  how to build a microbarometer
There is a description paper on a professional system built in the
Netherlands in PDF format.  This of course is very complex and requires a
large area to set such an aray up.  An interesting read, however.  Peter
Brown's meteor group operates a similar aray at the University of Western
Ontario.
    Also have a look at this:
http://www.infiltec.com/Infrasound@home/

    Not sure how effective this would be to detect infra sound from
fireballs but may be worth considering. I would think that the analysis
would be complex.   Let me know if your or anyone else is successful doing
this.  I was trying to find a low frequency microphone, the type used to
monitor noise around airports but these are too expensive for my budget.  I
would think thet would be good to record sonic booms.

Ed Majden
Courtenay, B.C. Canada