(meteorobs) SNOTEL/SCAN - further info for radio meteor observers

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 10 20:23:30 EDT 2013

Hello Thomas

Thank you for this information. I have been troubled with the thought that
the NAVSPASUR system is to soon be turned off and put me in the dark for
Forward Scatter RADAR. I will contemplate further on the idea of using the
transmitter in Mississippi for it is 180 miles away and may offer a viable
source of Forward Scatter Meteor Data. My only concern is that this low
frequency may be plagued by electric/electronic interference.