(meteorobs) SNOTEL/SCAN - further info for radio meteor observers

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Apr 11 17:58:49 EDT 2013

Nice video Jay..  I wish we had something to listen to up here in Canada.
I'm in Halifax, some of the SNOTel stations or SCAN are in New Hampshire
and all I have is a diploe set for 83 MHZ. Living in an apt building I'm
lucky to be able to put it on a 7ft PVC pipe to clear the overhang to
point it
west ot NNW way.

 The landlord is paient with taht but a Yagi would be out of the question.

I tried listening to 77.25 MHz for 3 hours nothing, tried 40.67 MHz
nothing but do hear a few still on 83.24 MHz. but not sure for how long
that will keep up.

Clear skies