(meteorobs) SNOTEL/SCAN - further info for radio meteor observers

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 12 21:26:59 EDT 2013

Hello Thomas

I was able to watch my reception performance as the ISS passed over the
SNOTEL transmitter in Mississippi. Nothing happened. I suppose I need to
improve the antenna. At 180 miles, I should pick up aircraft if this beacon
is emitting 100,000 watts.

This morning 5:00 AM I was watching my SkyCam and saw a bright fireball, it
was fogged because it was so cold, I have not reconnected its heater since
putting it on my roof.