(meteorobs) Radio Lyrids

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Apr 22 11:56:07 EDT 2013

Here are my Lyrid radio results today... as you can see not good and I
think I might throw in the towel on listening. Nothing to monitor up here
in Canada and can't put a Yagi on the balcony of the apt. Rules..

 Tried other frequencies 40.67,(SNOTEL), 30.18 (Ottawa), 61.24 (Ch 3?),
63.25 (?),55.259 MHz, and 175MHz (Ch 5) - no results

Observer: Michael Boschat
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Lat: N 44d 39'
Long: W 63d 36'
Hgt: 58 meters above sea level
Listening Frequency: 83.24 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,
        elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna &
          receiver.
Listening Mode: CW
Recording method: listening by ear

 April 22 - Lyrids

 UT | #/hr
 ---+---
 10 | 16
 11 | 15
 12 | 10
 13 |  8
 14 | 10
 15 | 11
 16 | 13

Notes:
. Major Canadian TV stations are now digital
. no corrections for radiant position made to the counts.
. ( - ) means no observations made.