(meteorobs) Potential gamma-Delphinids return, June 2013

karl.antier at laposte.net karl.antier at laposte.net
Sun Apr 28 04:32:32 EDT 2013

Dear meteor observers,

I had one small question about the gamma-Delphinids return predicted on June 11th of this. This prediction is made by Peter Jenniskens and is related in the 2013 Meteor Shower Calendar of the IMO ( http://www.imo.net/files/data/calendar/cal2013.pdf on page 6).
This prediction is based on observations made on 1930, where an outburst coming from this source was observed by three astronomers. But how was it deduced from these observations that an outburst is possible this year, and not the previous/following years? Was the radiant associated with a know object, allowing such prediction? Or is it just that we will be, in 2013, in a planetary configuration exactly similar to this of 1930? In that case, which planetary influences seems to be of importance?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!
Clear skies to all!
Karl

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net