(meteorobs) Perseid

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 12:58:23 EDT 2013

The IMO has a predicted maximum range for the PERs in 2013 of anywhere from
13 hours on the 12th to about 01 hours on the 13th.  To me that means
activity will be strongest on Sunday night/Monday morning - Aug 11/12 and
Monday night/Tuesday morning - Aug 12/13.  I would say take your pick as to
which of those two mornings will be better rate wise, but I plan to cover
both of them.
If the 13 hours on the 12th prediction is the more accurate, that would put
the east cost of the US just over three hours away from the actual peak on
Sunday night/Monday morning.  The western US even closer to it.   I'd put
my money on that night as being the best for rates.    The next morning
however, could see the brighter post-max meteors hitting even if the rates
are lower.  Both are great situations!

Clear skies, Paul in north Florida