(meteorobs) Persids 9-11/12

Pat pat_branch at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 11 14:46:08 EDT 2013

I had a group out watching last night in the DFW area 32.744W 97.585W. Light pollution to the east but we could see all the main stars of Ursa Major. We watched from 23:01pm local (4:01 UTC) until about 00:15 when unexpected clouds came in from the south.
In a little over 1 hour the group saw 4 sporatics and 1 persid. The persid was good...about a 0 to -1 and went all the way across Ursa Major at 23:11.
I will try again tonight more around the peak time (early morning).