(meteorobs) Perseids Aug.11/12 - not great for me

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Mon Aug 12 08:32:13 EDT 2013

At 07:24 AM 8/12/2013, you wrote:
>   Sad note... my 1980's Casio COSMO Phase watch broke!!!!!!!!  the
>strap  came off and it fell 5 stories to concrete and wiped out the
>LCD  display!  I had
>never changed the battery either... the loss was great item :(

Two of them on Ebay right now.  They ain't cheap, though.

>My meteor report.. kinda disappointed..not many bright ones... was
>damp out last night also...one only bright Perseid in Aquila I caught :(
>Note the faint Scutum Star Cloud!
>
>   Hear a few more by radio today so far...

It is cloudy here but my radiometeor display (55.259MHz USB)  looks
amazing.... like it grew furry fungus or something.  About one
overdense trail per minute on average.  It looks like it might be
tapering off a bit as of 0830EDT, but here are two approximately 55
minute captures covering the period this morning 0630 - 0800EDT:

<http://www.pgoelz.com/stuff/astronomy/perseids2013/capt2355%20copy.jpg>http://www.pgoelz.com/stuff/astronomy/perseids2013/capt2355%20copy.jpg

http://www.pgoelz.com/stuff/astronomy/perseids2013/capt2356%20copy.jpg

Paul

Paul Goelz