(meteorobs) Aug 12 Perseids from Southern CA

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Aug 12 09:21:15 EDT 2013

This is a quick report as I just arrived home from a nearly 5 hour session. The Perseids were mighty impressive this morning with rates approaching 60/hr and many negative magnitude meteors. Nothing brighter than -5 but lots of meteors in the -3 to 0 range. Skies were clear during the entire session with estimated LM around 6.5-6.75.

I will not have exact numbers until I listen to my recordings later this morning. I hope others were able to enjoy this display!

Robert Lunsford
San Diego, CA