(meteorobs) Aug 12/12, 2013 PER observation from north Florida - WOW!!!!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 06:09:32 EDT 2013

Greetings all,
     After being major league bummed out that coastal clouds coming in off
the ocean pretty much ruined last night's max night observations for me, I
was worried that the PERs might not have much action left in them tonight.
I needn't have worried!!  They had me well covered!!!
     I just got in from an amazing three hour, post-max session from my
roof top meteor perch here in St. Augustine that saw the PERs hitting over
70 an hour for me before dawn broke!  I had about ten PERs in the negative
magnitudes with a -4, two  -3s and several other -2s and -1s.
    I still have to crunch all the data, but my last two hours PER counts
were 55 and 74.  What an incredible show it was!  Full data to follow.

Clear skies, Paul in north Florida