(meteorobs) Aug 12/12, 2013 PER observation from north Florida - WOW!!!!

Grigoris Maravelias gr.maravelias at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 07:57:57 EDT 2013

Hello from Greece!

Nice display of Perseids from Chania, Crete (Greece). In dark skies (6+
mag) I managed to obtain a two hours session (0000-0200 UT) with these
numbers:

0008-0033:  13 PER, 5 SPO, 2 SDA, 1 ANT
0033-0107: 21 PER, 4 SPO
0107-0140: 24 PER, 3 SDA, 3 SPO
0140-0156: 7 PER, 2 SPO

Indeed, I noticed a number of very bright meteors (one -5.5, two -4, two
-2, and three -1).

Best
Grigoris