(meteorobs) Bonus capture - SPRITE

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Wed Aug 14 12:22:28 EDT 2013

On 8/14/13 9:53 25000, bob alongi wrote:
> Thomas - Nice grab to complement the other two independent catches.
> Can you elaborate on why you are monitoring 2.5 MHz ?
>
> bob

Hi Bob,

2.5 MHz captures another part of the lightning spectrum very well. In
that specimen in stereo you can hear the sprite generating lightning
stroke "pop" at VLF-ELF and on the other sound channel of 2.5 MHz the
sprite energy follows through and trails off.

Also, 2.5 MHz is the WWV time signal station which puts an audio time
stamp into my system. With the time beats in audio I can sync up my
other frequency audio recordings be it meteor forward scatter, high
frequency, VHF, VLF-ELF or whatever. Works well for precise data.

Thomas