(meteorobs) "The" shape of the Perseids ZHR profile

gmlobdell at seanet.com gmlobdell at seanet.com
Thu Aug 15 11:10:25 EDT 2013

Daniel,

Very interesting charts.  You're right your axis labeling is a problem.
Usually charts such as this have Solar Longitude as the unit along the X
axis, typically with a conversion to UTC date/times.  For meteor showers,
the solar longitude of a peak is (usually) constant from year to year, and
it's how to tell which peak is the "traditional" peak and which one is a
new peak.

Clear Skies!

Gregg Lobdell