(meteorobs) Perseid photos from Wales, UK

LEO STACHOWICZ l.stachowicz at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 17 17:46:26 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I managed to get a few shots of Perseids this year, which I have posted at this forum, along with a short account of this year's adventure:

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/98656-perseids-active-july-17-august-24-max-0316hrs-12-august-zhr-60-100/page__st__40#entry869667

Quite a lot of cloud about, but even so it's probably the best Perseids I can remember, both in terms of visual observing, and photography.

One thing I am curious about (and perhaps others can comment on their own personal experience here), is that I don't remember seeing much color in any of the meteors I saw visually except perhaps a *very* slight green tinge to some of the brighter Perseids, yet the cameras produced colourful images. Perhaps I'm getting old (42) and am worse at detecting colour in meteors than I was when I was younger? I remember the Leonids of 2001 had vivid colours, and my photographs of that display also captured this. Any thoughts?

Clear skies,
Leo