(meteorobs) Perseid photos from Wales, UK

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 19 03:17:44 EDT 2013

Hello Leo

DSLRs have a different Dynamic range from vision. When displaying digital images of rarified light on a Computer monitor, the combination of Digital capture and Digital display causes the image to shift its GAMUT away from normal perception. If you recorded these events using CAMERA RAW, extreme enhancements to the GAMUT may be made with programs like Adobe Lightroom. Lightroom is very good at amplifying presentation of an image that only the camera has captured and the eye and memory ignore and forget. This is how Scientists process images from telescopes and Space Probes to provide detail and perceptual enhancements in Digital images that would not be perceived otherwise.